Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
Whether you’re a chocolate lover or prefer seasonal flavors like peppermint and gingerbread, find this and other tasty, dairy-inspired treat recipes at milkmeansmore.org.
- 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 TB all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint baking pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- To make cheesecake batter: Place cream cheese in bowl of stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and peppermint extract; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and beat mixture until blended.
- To make brownie batter: In medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder and salt until combined. In separate bowl, whisk sugar, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Pour brownie batter evenly into prepared pan. Carefully pour cheesecake batter over top, spreading evenly. Carefully swirl layers together using knife tip. Bake 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle top of brownies with peppermint baking pieces and bake 10 minutes until brownies are set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into 16 squares. Enjoy!
(Source: Family Features)