Apple butter is a secret ingredient that makes these recipes easy. Find more at musselmans.com.
Caramel Crumble Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix (15.25 oz.)
- 1/2 cup soft butter plus 2 TB, divided
- 3/4 cup apple Butter plus 3 TB
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg. caramels (11 oz.), unwrapped
- 2/3 cup walnuts chopped
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut sweetened
- 2 TB melted butter
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Beat dry cake mix and 1/2 cup softened butter until crumbly. Spoon 1 cup into medium bowl & set aside.
- Add 3/4 cup apple butter and egg to remaining mixture. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly into pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- Place caramels, 2 TB butter and remaining apple butter in microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Pour caramel mixture evenly over partially baked crust. If caramel has set, microwave 1 minute until pourable.
- Combine walnuts, coconut and 2 TB melted butter with reserved cake mix mixture. Mix until crumbly.
- Break up topping and sprinkle evenly over caramel. Bake 16-18 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Easy Apple Pie Bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 7 cups Granny Smith apples diced
- 1 cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 frozen pie crusts defrosted
- 1 egg white
- 2 TB sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TB milk
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 9-by-13 pan.
- To diced apples add apple butter, 1 tsp. vanilla and brown sugar. Mix until apples are evenly coated.
- Slowly stretch out one crust to cover pan’s bottom. Cut some edges off, if necessary. Spread apple filling evenly.
- With rolling pin, roll second crust to make it same size as pan. Place on top of filling and tuck down edges to cover.
- Topping: Whisk egg white until foamy and brush over crust. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle on top.Bake 50-60 minutes until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting.
- Glaze: In small bowl, whisk until smooth powdered sugar, milk and remaining vanilla. Drizzle over cooled bars and serve.
Source: Family Features