Holiday celebrations call for recipes of all kinds, but perhaps the most popular area at many parties is the dessert table. Add flavor to your get-togethers with a festive treat like these Peppermint Shortbread Cookies, which call for the seasonal taste of peppermint and the versatility of dairy for a sweet bite after a holiday meal.
Find more recipes for the holidays at milkmeansmore.org.
Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- 2 – 2 1/2 Sticks Unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ts[ pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup peppermint crunch baking chips
- In stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Gradually add flour and mix on low until combined.
- Add baking chips and continue mixing on low until fully combined.
- On wax paper or parchment paper, form dough into 12-14-inch log and freeze at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cut shortbread dough into 1/4-inch slice
- Bake 13-15 minutes on parchment-lined baking sheets