During the cold winter months, a hearty, home-cooked meal is just the thing you need to warm up. With a slow cooker, a few minutes of morning prep time are all you need for a rich, satisfying dinner that’s ready to serve the moment you walk through the door.
With the right ingredients, you can prepare a flavorful home-cooked meal that the whole family will love in less than 30 minutes.
For a sweet and spicy twist on a traditional slow-cooker meal, try Slow-Cooked Pork with Soy and Smashed Sweet Potatoes.
Slow-Cooked Pork with Soy and Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey
- 2 Tb. regular soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 can 8 oz. crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 Smithfield Original Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet
- black pepper
- 2 TB. butter
- In small bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce and pepper flakes, cover and set aside.
- Coat 5-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. In slow cooker, combine potatoes and onion. Pour pineapple and its juice over top. Place pork loin filet on top and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (low: 8 hours).
- Remove pork and place on cutting board for 10 minutes.
- In slow cooker, add butter to potato mixture. Using potato masher or fork, mash until well blended.
- Slice or coarsely shred pork.
- Spoon potatoes onto serving platter then top with shredded pork. Stir soy sauce mixture and spoon over pork and potatoes.