These Red Velvet Heart Pancakes are a delicious treat for your loved ones. Start by combining flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
In another bowl, whisk an egg and add buttermilk, butter, vanilla extract and a few drops of red food coloring. Whisk everything together and pour it into the first bowl of dry ingredients.
Prepare a skillet and grab a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Pour a small amount of batter into the cookie cutter in the skillet, let it cook for 2 minutes then remove the cookie cutter and flip. Let it cook for 1 additional minute.
Add your favorite pancake toppings like butter, syrup, powdered sugar or raspberries. In the end, you will have yourself a scrumptious breakfast, made with love and as sweet as can be.
Find more breakfast recipes and sweet treat ideas at Culinary.net.
Red Velvet Heart Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 TB cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 TB unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 30-40 drops red food coloring
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Syrup powdered sugar & raspberries, for garnish
- In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In medium bowl, whisk egg. Add buttermilk, 2 tablespoons butter, vanilla extract and food coloring; whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spray heart-shaped cookie cutter with nonstick cooking spray and place in skillet. Add enough batter to fill heart. Cook 2 minutes. Remove heart cutter. Flip pancake and cook 1 minute.
- Serve with butter, syrup, powdered sugar and raspberries.