Celebrate warm weather, abundant outdoor activities and all the fun of July 4th with a flavorful and festive gathering.
Patriotic and Perfectly Sweet
This July 4th, serve watermelon. This yummy fruit boasts sweetness and nutrition at a great value. Loaded with vitamins A, B6 and C, as well as antioxidants and heart-healthy amino acids, it’s a welcome addition to your summer spread.
Red, White and Blue Watermelon ‘Cake’
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Place watermelon on side on cutting board. Cut 3 to 5 inches off each end to create large center slice 3 to 5 inches in depth. Trim off outer rind.
- Cut watermelon slice into 6 to 8 pie-shaped wedges. Blot edges with paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- Dip the back (curved) side of each slice in yogurt and then almonds, re-assembling pieces on serving platter as each piece is completed.
- When finished, it will look like piecrust of almonds around watermelon slices. Frost top of reassembled watermelon with remaining yogurt and decorate top with berries. Serve cold.
Dipped Ice Cream Cones
- 1 bag 12 oz. White Candy Melts
- 12 Sugar ice cream cones
- Jimmies Sprinkle Assortment
- Melt candy in microwave safe bowl.
- Dip cones about 1 inch deep around opening of cone.
- Cut small hole in tip of bag and drizzle melted candy 1 inch deep around opening of cone.
- Tap cone lightly to smooth, and sprinkle with jimmies.
- Chill 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add ice cream scoops at party and serve in cone rack.