Fresh air, warm sun and delicious foods make brunch a favorite weekend event. Set the stage (and the table) for an inviting experience with recipes that cover all the bases from snacks and desserts to a mouthwatering main course.
Perfect for any brunch occasion is a delicious dish that can be made a day in advance, simplifying your morning prep work before guests arrive with growling stomachs.
Prepared the day before and chilled overnight, this Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole is ready to bake to perfection in the morning with a gooey interior and crisp exterior filled with mouthwatering flavor. Drizzle with glaze then dish out to loved ones for a delicious way to make brunch easy.
Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package 20 ounces French bread, cubed, divided
- 1 can 20 ounces apple pie filling
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus additional (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk plus additional (optional)
- Spray 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In baking dish, add 10 ounces cubed French bread in bottom of dish.
- Pour apple filling over bread.
- Top with remaining cubed French bread. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half and cinnamon.
- Pour evenly over bread. Cover with aluminum foil and chill overnight.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Remove foil and bake 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and milk.
- Add additional, if needed, until pourable glaze is reached.
- Drizzle over casserole before serving.