When weeks get hectic due to busy schedules, these recipes offer simple solutions to make cooking easier while limiting time spent in the kitchen.
Keep your family full and energized each school day with more recipe ideas at Culinary.net.
A Perfect Pasta for School Nights
In a matter of minutes, you can prepare this Lentil Bolognese with Veggie-Based Penne for a quick yet flavorful recipe that can be enjoyed by little ones and adults alike. Featuring Veggiecraft Farms Cauliflower Penne as its key ingredient, this family meal makes it easy to incorporate vegetables without sacrificing taste. Available in popular shapes like penne, spaghetti and elbow, and made with lentils, peas and cauliflower, zucchini or sweet potato, the veggie-based pastas are gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, Kosher and good sources of protein and fiber. Visit veggiecraftfarms.com for more information and family-friendly recipes.
Lentil Bolognese with Veggie-Based Penne
- 1 cup dry French green lentils or
- brown lentils
- 1 jar 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 box Veggiecraft Farms Cauli
- flower Penne
- fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- Cook lentils according to package directions.
- Drain then return to pot and add marinara and vegetable broth.
- Stir well and simmer over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Top cooked pasta with lentil Bolognese, fresh basil, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.