When football teams are in the locker room laying out game plans, fans are fueling up with tantalizing tailgate foods. One trendy way to feed your crowd is with small plates, appetizers, samplers and innovative sides that feature a variety of flavors like this idea from the experts at Aramark.
As tailgate grub continues to trend toward easy and quick, Sweet Heat Foil Packets provide a no-mess, single-serve solution. Load up individual packets with shrimp, chicken, andouille sausage and favorite veggies then head to the game and grill on-site for a hot meal to fire up your fellow fans.
Find more game day recipe inspiration by visiting fyp365.com.
Sweet Heat Foil Packets
- 1/2 cup cold butter diced
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced peeled carrots
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups diced skinless boneless chicken breast
- 16 extra-large shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 8 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup andouille sausage cut in half and sliced
- 8 frozen mini corn cobs cut in half (16 pieces)
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium.
- Place eight 18-by-18-inch squares heavy-duty aluminum foil on work surface.
- On half of each foil square, evenly layer butter, onions, potatoes, carrots, red bell peppers, chicken, shrimp, seasoning, pineapple, sausage, corn cobs and green onions.
- Fold foil in half over filling.
- Fold edges of foil tightly toward filling to seal packets.
- Place packets on baking sheet.
- Grill 15 minutes with lid closed until chicken and shrimp are cooked through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.