Add more variety to your family’s menu without adding cost by stocking up on your favorite pork cuts. Keep your chops juicy and tender by grilling to an internal temperature between 145 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare and 160 degrees Fahrenheit for medium, followed by a 3-minute rest.
Grilled Ribeye Pork Chops with Spicy BBQ Sauce and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 4 Ribeye rib pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for brushing grill
Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tb. brown sugar
- 1 Tb. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tb. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 3 russet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tb. chives chopped
- 3 Tb. heavy cream
- Preheat grill over medium high heat and brush with olive oil.
- Season chops with generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Place pork on grill for 8-9 minutes, turning once halfway through, until cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove pork from grill, tent with foil; let rest for 3 minutes.
- To make mashed potatoes, add potatoes to a pot with water over high heat and boil for 15 minutes.
- Drain water and add heavy cream. Mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in chives, salt and pepper.
- To make BBQ sauce, heat oil in pot over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until soft and add ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar, and cayenne.
- Simmer for 15 minutes so sauce thickens and turn off heat. Once cooled, puree sauce in a blender.
- Serve the chops alongside potatoes and a spoonful of BBQ sauce.