Cooler fall months call for comforting, hearty meals that taste just as delicious as they look. Filling recipes like chili make the season a special time for spending quality moments with those you love.
This fall, turn to a time-saving ingredient like Newman’s Own Sockarooni Pasta Sauce with its blend of tomatoes, mushrooms and bell peppers plus a few signature spices. This versatile sauce made with high-quality ingredients is ready to be a new favorite at your home in recipes like Chili Con Carne, a satisfying dish that can simmer on the stove while you help little ones with homework.
Find additional autumn recipes by visiting NewmansOwn.com.
Chili Con Carne
- 2 cups diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 TB cooking oil
- 2 pounds coarsely ground lean beef
- 2 cups kidney beans soaked over night
- 1 jar Newman’s Own Sockarooni or Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2-3 cups water
- 2-3 TB chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can corn (8 ounces)
- sour cream for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- Saute onion, garlic and green pepper in oil until soft. Add beef and brown. Add kidney beans, pasta sauce, water, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer, uncovered, 1 hour, stirring frequently. Add celery and corn; simmer 1 hour. Garnish with sour cream and lime wedges. Substitution: Use 3 cups cooked rice for meat to make vegetarian chili.